Weekend Meditation: You Will Live

With Sandy and Deidra...

Click here to get Graceful in your email in-box.
Click here to "like" my Facebook Writer page. Thank you!

Sandra Heska King  – (April 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM)

I had to enlarge this. Such beauty! And what a promise!

dukeslee  – (April 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM)

Ok. So how do you get such vivid color, AND that black background? Is this an early-morning shot?

I would also like to point out that, for the first time in two weeks, I did not say holy crap in the comment box. <---- Ooops. I guess I just did.

Michelle DeRusha  – (April 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM)

Well, the azalea is super vivid to begin with, and I took the picture in the morning, after a rain storm and straight into the sun, so for some reason the background came out dark. Then I used the temperature and saturation settings in PicMonkey to enhance the color, and also used the exposure setting to darken the picture (almost every picture I take is overexposed).

That's my whole bag of tricks!

Holy crap works for me, by the way! ;)

lbmoreland –   – (April 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM)

How that scripture just wraps around me this afternoon!
A delightful benefit of photo-blogging {exquisite images are a given} is the discovery of scripture that one has not focused in on before.

Joanne Norton –   – (April 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM)

HALLELUJAH!!  Can't imagine any other way to live than through Him and His gift of a spirit.

Shelly Miller  – (April 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM)

Beautiful Michelle. You have a knack for making simple look amazing. And I loved seeing all the photos of you inRL meetup on FB. Looks like it was a hit, scones and all!

Connie@raise your eyes  – (April 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM)

Wow...perfect image for the scripture. And from now on I'm using PicMonkey!

dukeslee  – (April 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM)

Thanks for the explanation, Michelle.