Weekend Meditation: Spider's Web

With Deidra's Sunday community:

If you haven't done so already, would you kindly consider "liking" my Writer Facebook page by clicking here? Thank you! You can also  receive "Graceful" free in your email in-box or via the reader of your choice, by clicking here.

Sheila Seiler Lagrand  – (January 21, 2012 at 6:23 AM)

Oh. We do, don't we?

I''m so foolish.

leslie  – (January 21, 2012 at 7:56 AM)

oh, NEAT verse to go with that image. (i was photographing spider webs this week, too.) praying for you and your family, this morning... may the One who created the miracle of the spider and its web, give you strength, even in the midst of fragile places...

joann –   – (January 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM)

so coooooool. I love it.

Cami @ First Day of My Life  – (January 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM)

This is so lovely, Michelle :) I'm loving it!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Amy  – (January 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM)

Beautiful. Tonight is Chinese New Year -- this a poetic image for the last day of the year.

Janmacy –   – (January 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM)

Perfect.  I love it.

Cherry  – (January 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM)

Such a good reminder ... where do I put my trust?

DeanneMoore –   – (January 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM)

I have. I do.

Lyla Lindquist  – (January 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM)

Love that picture and the text. There's this kind of acky passage in Isaiah 59 where the prophet slams the ones who do evil and pretend not to, and he calls them all kinds of nasty things and talks about spiders and eating their eggs, and well, ick. Anyway, he's talking about the cobwebs they spin, and says "their cobwebs are useless for clothing; they cannot cover themselves with what they make."

I suppose that whenever we rely on anything but him, it's as good as trying to support ourselves with fragile spiderwebs or cover our exposure with cobwebs.

Deidra  – (January 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM)

I was caught up in the spider's web earlier this week. Trusting in all the wrong stuff. What a relief to know God is not like that at all. He is worth trusting. In all things.

Venus Guieb –   – (January 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM)

love the picture and the verse.. in anything and everything, we should trust God..

joan taylor –   – (January 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM)

Love the photo and the scripture.  Isn't God amazing.  He created this woven silk that appears to be so fragile, but yet it has such great strength and elasticity.  I truly believe we as children of God are the same.  We are made strong, in our weakness.

Maureen  – (January 22, 2012 at 12:06 PM)

We are attracted to the shiny, sparkly, temporary, aren't we? Good reminder.

Laurie Collett –   – (January 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM)

Wonderful analogy from Job -- if we forget God, we can be drawn in to Satan's web as he proceeds to devour us. Those chains of sin seem like glittering strands we can easily brush aside, until we are caught. Praise God that He is faithful, merciful and forgiving even when we forget Him.

Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace

Linda Chontos –   – (January 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM)

What a perfect picture for this verse Michelle. It is all too easy to put trust in the things that can't possibly hold.

Mama Zen –   – (January 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM)

Beautiful!

Michelle DeRusha  – (January 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM)

Was praying for you, too, today Leslie-- we are on the same prayer page!

thefisherlady  – (January 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM)

may I always rely on the Lord and never be caught in the enemy's trap...