Just in Case You're Wondering...

I am indeed still alive {actually, a couple of my beloved relatives called my mom to ask what happened to me - it's nice to know I've been missed...and yeah, missed by relatives counts too!}.

Anyway, we're just back from hanging with our rock-star niece and nephew and soaking up the Minnesota balminess. Seriously, it was freaky-warm up there. Now I'm settling back into work, clearing the house of Christmas decor (does it make me a bad person to admit that taking down the Christmas clutter, I mean decorations, makes me happy?) and generally enjoying the respite from writing.

I'll be back for good on Saturday though, with a photo and verse to link up with Deidra's community. And then on Monday when the Hear It on Sunday, Use It on Monday community resumes.

I've missed you all! Catch you soon...

If you haven't done so already, would you kindly consider "liking" my Writer Facebook page by clicking here? Thank you! You can also  receive "Graceful" free in your email in-box or via the reader of your choice, by clicking here.

kendal  – (January 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM)

i missed you, too! glad your time away was good. and i LOVE getting christmas cleaned up. a fresh start!

mamaabby –   – (January 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM)

SO glad you're taking a break:} It is gooood!:}:}:}

Deidra  – (January 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM)

Our tree came down right after Christmas. It was taunting me - telling me to eat more sugar. :)

marlece  – (January 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM)

glad to see you back and yes, I was wondering, "where did she go, hopefully somewhere fun!"

Shelly Miller  – (January 5, 2012 at 5:00 AM)

Cuuute photo! Glad your enjoying your time off.  Look forward to having you around again soon. I always can't wait to clean up and de-clutter after Christmas too!

Nancy Franson  – (January 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM)

Welcome back! I'm in denial about taking down my Christmas stuff, though.

Michelle DeRusha –   – (January 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM)

I knew you would be, Nancy! ;)

Michelle DeRusha  – (January 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM)

Yay, my relatives AND Renee were wondering!

JosephPote –   – (January 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM)

Michelle!  So good to hear from you!  You and your family have been on my mind and in my prayers a lot this last couple of weeks.

Glad to hear you've been enjoying visiting family!

Oh...and we took our tree down New Year's Day...and I was glad to see it go!

God bless!

joan taylor –   – (January 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM)

Love your photo...
Welcome back, Michelle...

Monique Zackery –   – (January 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM)

Yes! :) We missed you in Blog Land. But it's so great to take breaks! Hope you were refreshed. :)

Sheila Seiler Lagrand  – (January 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM)

Rest well, dear friend. Happy, happy New Year!

Jean Wise  – (January 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM)

Hi Michelle,  I jumped over to your blog the other day to see when you would be back and yes you ARE missed.  Been praying for you too.  looking forward to next week.

Michelle DeRusha  – (January 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM)

Thanks so much for the prayers and kind thoughts, Joe.

Michelle DeRusha  – (January 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM)

Thank you so much for the prayers, Jean - they are still much-needed.

Lori  – (January 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM)

I've missed ya! I do enjoy taking down the Christmas clutter also, but not as much as putting it up. Christmas may be gone, but Christ is still here!

OutnumberedMom –   – (January 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM)

We've missed you too, Michelle. It'll be good to have you back! Hope you had wonderful holidays!

Glenda Childers –   – (January 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM)

I love this photo, Michelle and your lime green coat.

Welcome home.

Fondly,
Glenda

Harriett –   – (January 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM)

You and I are just likethis. I've been MIA too -- the Christmas season full of friends, family, fellowship, love of our God, and all that goes with it [Christmas decorations etc. -- love getting that all packed away and the house back! Yes!!!]  sometimes doesn't allow for casual reading or writing of blogs, does it?

I'm calling my writing "casual" -- don't be insulted. LOL -- I know that you are a serious writer --- :)

I've missed visiting and reading of blogs, but all around, the blogs I read, the folks have been on vacation or "sugar" highs. [what is it about Christmas time that brings on all those sweets?]

I just got out from under household guests [Tallulah had her whiskers out of a joint for a week and totally crawled in and out of strangers' [to her] stuff for days] -- and out from under helping my sister cook for our extended family [they eat like farm hands and my sister and I work like ones] and all the stuff that goes along with 21 people in and out and here for dinner or not stuff.

Go see my blog and see the puzzle we worked. Lawd. Insanity.

Anyway, I've missed you -- we used to chat all the time -- perhaps, back to secret emails and stuff? LOL -- should I quit writing now?

But I was on a roll.

Hugs.

Love the photo -- it looks like a Christmas card.
It also looks cold. :)

Tell your hubby I love his "white" hair -- I'm married to a man with hair like that -- they are the best. :)

*twirls*

Lori  – (January 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM)

Sounds like you had a great and much needed respite!

Amy Sullivan  – (January 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM)

You were missed! Glad to have your voice back, MD.