Waiting

"Last year I used to think that maybe I didn't believe in God, but now I know I do." He announces it at the dinner table, and I pause, a spoonful of lentil curry soup poised halfway to my mouth.
"You thought you didn't believe in God last year?" I ask, trying to keep my voice light and bouncy.
"Yeah, but I'm good now. I feel better again," my ten-year-old son Noah says.

...I'm over at Ginny's place today. Will you join me there to hear what I learned from my son about faith?

I'm sharing this story with Jennifer Dukes Lee's brand-new link-up community. Think about how God is nudging you in a particular direction or way, and then hop over and share your story!

And with Ann, as we write about preparing our hearts for the season...

Mary B  – (November 30, 2011 at 6:30 AM)

Out of the mouths of babes...great post Michelle!!

rupzip  – (November 30, 2011 at 7:20 AM)

I read your post at Ginny's and I was so intrigued with the faith journey. It's much better to explore and look for answers -- because they are there for the taking!

Kim –   – (November 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM)

It was well worth the trip to the other blog to read "the rest of the story." I'm a "do-er," so waiting is not not natural tendency for me. But a child's wisdom can teach us, can't it? I need to listen for the still, small voice of God instead of always "doing."

I love your photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog, so that I could make the journey to yours.

Kim @ kimscountyline.blogspot.com

leslie  – (November 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM)

Michelle, you don't know how much I needed to read this, today.

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise." Psalm 8:2

My illness has been really bad, again, for the past two months, and as Peter Marshall says, sometimes the mercury in our faith thermometer gets low when we go through painful or difficult times. But your son has reminded me to take heart; to simply wait upon God. And I think I can just manage to do that.

Jennifer@GDWJ  – (November 30, 2011 at 2:53 PM)

Thank you for linking up, Michelle! I'm headed over to read your story, and I know already that it will be a rich addition to the linky today. You ROCK!

Karrie Shew –   – (November 30, 2011 at 8:27 PM)

ohhh Michelle....you captured my heat today, my thoughts, and brought to tears....thank you and thank you Noah and thank you God for bringing your words to my life

Sheila Seiler Lagrand  – (November 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM)

We grown-ups can make things so tricky.

I love Noah's wisdom. Waiting doesn't come naturally to me. I can learn a lot from him.

wolfsrosebud  – (December 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM)

amazing what comes out of the mouth of babes...

Michelle DeRusha  – (December 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM)

And thank you, Karrie, for your graciousness.

Michelle DeRusha  – (December 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM)

Praying hard for you, dearest Leslie.

Michelle DeRusha  – (December 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM)

Oh I am such a do-er, too -- that's why I was surprised to hear Noah's answer about simply waiting. Thanks for stopping by here!