The Hear It, Use It Weekly Round-Up

Well the good news is that you are all giving me way too much good stuff to read and ponder...and the bad news is that you are giving me way too much good stuff to read and ponder! I want to highlight every one of your posts, honestly! But I do try to limit it to five or six, simply to keep my Wednesday night blogging to a minimum. So thanks for your understanding, and please...keep rocking the Word!

This week's picks...

"The Apple of Your Eye" at Ann Kroeker -- Ann ponders Psalm 17:8, in which David asks God, "Keep me in the apple of your eye." This resonated me for two reasons: one, because I just read Psalm 17 this week, and two because at the Relevant Conference last weekend I contemplated the fact that God delights in me...and you. Honestly, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that concept -- that God actually delights in little 'ol me!

"The Light Shines Through" at Living the Scripture -- This short but meaningful piece by Seashore instantly reminded me of my mother-in-law Janice, who so shined the light of Jesus in her time on this Earth. What a gift for me to read this post this week - thank you, Seashore!

"Confirmation" at Karna Converse -- Karna's youngest was confirmed recently, and I just love this post about what that milestone meant to her {she also included a wonderful letter to her daughter, as well as a great idea: she asked loved ones and friends to write a note that might help her daughter during the inevitable twists and turns of spiritual life}.

"Taken Name" at Dramatic Elegance -- Rachel writes the hard truth about what it means for her to be labeled a Christian. My favorite line in her post: "my God hates sin. He hates the darkness. but He loves people. He loves the ones trapped, even if they have no idea." Tough stuff here, but I found myself nodding yes.

"Confession 207: Pray With" at Confessions of a Pastor's Wife -- Boy, I can relate to Sara when she writes that while it's easy for her to pray for someone, it's often harder to take the risk and offer to pray with someone. Her story of stepping out of her comfort zone and doing just that is wonderful!

"Sweeter" at the Wellspring -- I just love Laura's voice and heart. In this post she walks us through Halloween night, prompted by her pastor's question, "Do you know how Halloween is like God?" I admit, I never thought about the correlation between the two, but Laura has me convinced with this post!

And come on back here tomorrow for a Relevant Conference Recap...still trying to digest a brain full of inspiration!

Harriett –   – (November 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM)

What a joy/job that must be --- every time I see you do this, I think of the blog reading involved.

I have about five blogs I read religiously and about125 I'd like to read.

I don't know how you do it.

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM)

You are sweet, Harriett - thank you for that. Luckily I have a generous and kind husband who tolerates the fact that I am on my computer every night after the kids go to bed (except Fridays and Saturdays -- I take those nights off!). He has been an incredible support to me in this writing/blogging journey!

Laraj –   – (November 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM)

Such great tidbits from some great writing! Thanks for mentioning mine, Michelle. Can't wait to hear about Relevant!

Ann Kroeker  – (November 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM)

Love the roundup with your comments--I'll enjoy clicking through! And of course, I'm humbled that my short post so neatly fit with the truth that was standing out to you at Relevant. Our God delights in YOU (and cranberry-sweater-clad me).

And that interesting detail that we were both reading the same passage...we are linked in so many ways, aren't we?

Andrea Perdue –   – (November 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM)

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Jean Wise  – (November 3, 2011 at 1:02 PM)

Love this weekly list.  Michelle you are so talented in your words of encouragement in both the comments you make on this list and in your responses to comments on your blog.  Such warmth, friendliness and love shines through. Thank you for being YOU!

Charming's Mama  – (November 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM)

I really don't know how you do it Michelle, the keeping up with it all, but I am glad that you do.  Keep up the good work.
-Sydney

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM)

Thank you Sydney, dear friend -- your encouragement spurs me on!

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM)

I'm so glad that you feel that way, Jean. I am just so grateful for the encouragement that's offered here from kind and generous readers and writers like you. And I am in awe of all the participants in the Hear It, Use It community each week -- so much widsom and grace shared here through God's word -- I just never anticipated the gifts!

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM)

And right back at you, Andrea. Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM)

It was pretty awesome that some of the themes and messages I heard over the weekend were reflected in your post -- thanks for bringing the message home for me. And then when I read that same Psalm this week -- I loved how I recognized it in your post (kind of made me feel Biblical and all that!).

Michelle DeRusha  – (November 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM)

The pleasure is all mine, sweet lady. I just love, love The Wellspring. Your heart is beautiful and shining God's goodness right through your eloquent words!

Deidra  – (November 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM)

Amen to that. Just today, I was standing by the copy machine at work, thinking about the comments you leave on blog posts. You have a gift, Michelle. It's unique. And it's beautiful.

Deidra  – (November 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM)

I SO cannot wait to hear what you have to say about Relevant!